Tuesday, April 01, 2008

On Mission Together

College mission starts this Sunday. It's special cos we're going together. Roger and I have been on mission trips separately and now we're going together, with little Charis. =) We'll be attached to a church in Buderim, Queensland.

We are in a team of about 14 college students. Last year, Charis and I stayed home when Roger was on mission. We weren't sure if the college welcomed families on mission, (it didn't cross our minds to ask) and we were still trying to settle in as mission happened just slightly 3 months after we arrived in Sydney.

I do not have any task specifically assigned to me, and I think being on missions, now that I'm a mother, is going to be very different from my previous roles in mission teams. Different = fluid + undefined. Maybe it'll just be conversations with strangers who think Charis is cute, praying, cooking, cleaning, and caring for Charis. (Like what happens here... Hee..)

Please pray for us, the people in the church, and those who will hear as we share the gospel and encourage the believers there. Pray for safety as we drive to and fro Buderim (13 hrs one-way) in our somewhat-elderly little red Ford.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehehehe....:)

waw ... :)

will pray for that mission together thing :p

The Lord protects
clay ;)

littlewen said...

as my bro Ian would say, "Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be broken." ;)

thechias said...

Hey Fav,

The trip has been great! I pray that we may continue to be willing and teachable, to whatever God will have us do. =) Do take care. Eat more vit C, and sleep early!

thechias said...

Hi Clay,

Thanks for praying! Eh, I'm still waiting for your email 'report' on the thingy we talked about when we last chatted at Kuo Chuan in Jan. Don't need to be very detailed, point form will do. Hee hee...