Our mission team led the service on both Sundays when we were at Lakeshore. We sang Jesus, thank you on both occasions and right after the first service, Roger spoke about how much he liked the song, both its words and its tune. May we always be grateful, for Christ's work on the cross that saves us from sin.
Jesus, Thank You
Words and music by Pat Sczebel
As recorded on Worship God Live (Track 7)
Lyrics
The mystery of the cross
I cannot comprehend
The agonies of Calvary
You the perfect Holy One, crushed Your Son
Who drank the bitter cup reserved for me
Your blood has washed away my sin
Jesus, thank You
The Father’s wrath completely satisfied
Jesus, thank You
Once Your enemy, now seated at Your table
Jesus, thank You
By Your perfect sacrifice
I’ve been brought near
Your enemy You’ve made Your friend
Pouring out the riches of Your glorious grace
Your mercy and Your kindness know no end
Lover of my soul
I want to live for You
© 2003 Integrity's Hosanna! Music (ASCAP)/Sovereign Grace Worship (ASCAP).
2 comments:
Hey!
I like that song too and it has been ringing in my head... i have to listen to it daily !! :)
Loving it !
Thinking of you guys! How are u all doing?
Pam
Hiya Pam,
We're fine, school's in full swing now after the short break. Roger has 5 assignments due before exams in the 3rd week of June. So we're plodding along. How have you been? Missed your emails!
Post a Comment