I enjoy listening to songs with a story. Partly because they are good materials for teaching English! I still remember my students nearly fainting when I taught them the structure of a narrative using Colin Raye's song Love Me. 'Don't analyse a song! It spoils it!' Or so they cried. But how can you let go of such a song when it's also a good illustration of what 'third person narration' is? =P I digress...
Recently I heard another song on the radio that made me teared. That made me reflect about marriage. The song is Walking her home by Mark Schultz. It's a typical love story which highlights the 'ups' of relationships, not the 'downs', but what stuck with me was the theme of marriage as walking your spouse to your heavenly home. It's the theme of faithfulness for a lifetime.
May God keep us to our marriage vows, until He returns or calls us home.
No comments:
Post a Comment