Friday, April 27, 2007

Wish I could be there - May Hsin's thots

To my dearest sister and comrade in Christ,

And you will be wedded tomorrow. I wish I could be there.

Could we have ever imagined our lives to be what it is today, a decade ago?
A decade ago, when we were bright-eyed freshmen in NUS?
Fruitful years of growing in VCF, learning, serving and crying (the crying bit, definitely more me than you)
These were followed by the years of being newbies in the workforce,
Struggling to prioritise our life so that we have time for God, for ministry, for GM2.
Remembered how we held hands and sang 'Declare His Glory' again one JM?
How different it felt when we were singing it as working adults as compared to undergraduates.
Yet, how richer the conviction became because of the struggles we faced when we started working.

Yes, could we have ever imagined, our lives to be what it is today?
My heart sings with joy to know that a like-minded brother-in-Christ will be taking your hand at the altar tomorrow.

Really wish I could be there tomorrow.

I'm ever so thankful to God for His grace to us, for blessing me with your fellowship.
Press on dear sis, for His glory.

blessed,
mayhsin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, whenever I sing " Declare His Glory", not only am I reminded of this great command to " declare His Glory among the nation", it often reminds me of the time we spent in CF, singing the song together, hand in hand.

Dearest sister, thank you for walking with me all these years.

Though you are not physically present at the wedding, I know you are with me. You will always be my dearest sister.

In His Grace and Love
Minli

littlewen said...

Minli is married?? Congrats!!