Sunday, July 29, 2007

Charis' diary entry on 27th July 2007

Dear Diary,

Mummy, me go Daddy skool late today. I thot we go mum-mum, but no. Mummy took me to new place. I saw and heard strange funny thing!

I look so hard. I din close eyes din close mouth. I din move.

This orange round thing. Then many big people run after orange round thing. Orange round thing bang to ground and come up! Then orange round thing fly up in sky and got times go in this other round round thing. And then people stop running and they clap clap clap! Mummy clap hand too! So funny!

I quite scared.

Then I got better. I happy clap hand. Mummy smile and clap hand like me.

Mummy carry me. Point to orange orange up there. Say sun go home.

People stop running orange round thing. They came. Say hallo. I scared, shy. Then I saw Daddy come! He talk to them. He look funny. He din have toy on nosey-nosey.

Then Mummy, Daddy, me go home. Me sleepy-sleepy.


Note to the clueless: I brought Charis to see Roger play basketball in college. We're thankful for a bunch of enthusiastic school mates ranging from singles to marrieds, guys and gals, who come together to play ball every Friday afternoon. It's Roger's weekly dose of fun and exercise. =) Though he's the oldest playing member, he gives his all for a good game.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool! i love basketball! hope charis will grow up liking the game too. still remember the day when i played in NUS?? haha...

oh, AA and I had a one on one game once. he played with 1 hand. the score was 7-6. make a guess who won.

Ahlong said...

Wah, so young know how to speak singlish liao!!

thechias said...

My guess is that you won. =) Cos AA wanted to let you win. Right? =P

Unknown said...

Were you panting and breathless playing basketball in Australia?

This time not cos of the altitude but cos of OLD AGE ... hahaha

Anonymous said...

AA won. He used his right hand. For the next match, I'm requesting for him to use only his left hand. Maybe I'll win the next one. Haha

thechias said...

Hey Pam,

I'm the oldest player, the fastest runner and the heaviest panter in the court. China has trained me well to play in such conditions. =)