Friday, March 16, 2007

While you were sleeping




Caught the sunrise with Charis today. (The photos do no justice to the sight we witnessed)

Couldn't get Charis to sleep longer when she woke at 5.30am, so I brought her out to the cool cool balcony to admire God's glory as the sun rose.

I reminisced the many sunrises and sunsets I've chased in my youth. Dragging my poor friends out of bed at unearthly hours to catch the sunrise during chalet stayovers at East Coast Park, gobbling my dinner at the arts canteen and dashing to the Central Library rooftop to catch a glimpse of the fading crimson skyline...some of my friends thought I was mad.

But each sunrise and sunset still thrills me. It is like catching the sleeve of Christ's majesty, drinking from the stream of God's love, breathing the scent of God's faithfulness, hearing the trumpets of God's grandeur...and then find my heart weeping at the feet of His holiness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you are still in your youth!! ha, though we may not have that stamina as before!!
remembering those sunrises, sunsets we watched together... thanks dear sis!

thechias said...

Hiya sis! The sunrises and sunsets we watched together are made even sweeter because of your fellowship. Thankful that you are a part of this. =) May the Lord bless us with another decade of fellowship.

PS: How about going back to the Central Library rooftop the next time we're both in Singapore? =P